My passion lies in being a Mom and being creative. Combining the two? That’s the icing on the cake.
I was born and raised in Dallas, and headed west to Los Angeles just as quickly as I could. I worked with the Jim Henson Company (yes, the Muppets) and CBS (CSI: Miami) before returning home to be closer to friends, family, and Keller’s Burgers (seriously, you HAVE to go if you’re in the area).
I like to say–I’m a Texas girl at heart, but I left part of it in California.
Shortly after moving home I met my husband Michael and was smitten. And it wasn’t long before we had three little ones in tow (one is furry).
I love to write. And I love to create. I don’t feel like myself without either one. I also love photography, party-planning and chasing my dog, Hershey, around the coffee table.
And just for giggles, here’s 10 more random things about me:
- I adore cheesy music. Any song that could also double as a SNL skit…that’s my speed.
- I am a perfectionist, to a fault. But it makes me driven.
- Arrogance is my biggest pet peeve. I have no patience for it.
- I don’t have a lot of patience to begin with.
- I’m pretty much addicted to melted chocolate.
- I relax by decorating, organizing, or reading magazines about decorating and organizing.
- I do cartwheels in public places when no one’s looking.
- I usually start planning my Halloween costume in January.
- I’ve always dreamed of going on a cruise and dancing to “The Girl From Ipanema” on my 50th birthday.
- I should have been a back up-singer. (See # 1)
Allison has been featured on: BlogHer, All for the Boys, Family Fun, and is a regular contributor for Modern Parents Messy Kids.