I’m a little late on this post. Again. And just a quick note:
I think I am going to stop apologizing for being late. I’ve got little ones. It is what it is.
And now…It’s Summer Fun Month! We did this theme last July, and it was one of my fave’s because of the wiggle room that comes with it (which we moms SO desperately need about a month in to Summer).
The point is to get outside as often as you can, and have fun. The simpler the better. And just about anything goes.
If you need some ideas, here’s our list for the month of July. Join us! We’ll be hashtagging on Instagram (#SummerFunMonth) along the way, as always.
- Wash your car together (or do a kids’ car wash)
- Have a Lemonade stand for a good cause
- Make larger than life bubbles
- It’s the FOURTH! Light sparklers (or make these)
- Go to neighborhood splash park (Here’s a list if you are in Dallas)
- Have a water balloon fight
- Find a new ice cream shop
- Make your own popsicles (these are our FAVE)
- Go on a picnic dinner
- Play in the sprinklers
- Make Firefly pets (we’ll be posting these ahead of time)
- Paint with spray bottles
- Bake cookies in your car
- Make root beer floats
- Have a backyard movie night
- Go to the Farmers Market
- Make Smores
- Go night swimming
- Find a hiking trail
- Go to a Baseball Game
- Have a Watermelon seed spitting contest
- Have outside story time
- It’s National Hot Dog Day! Go and get one!
- Go stargazing
- Get snow cones
- Make your own ice cream
- Go camping in the backyard (or camp in the house!)
- Cool off and go see a movie
- Go to the city pool
- Play mini-golf
- Have a shaving cream fight